Monday, February 15, 2016

Contact!

I need your help, so I am going to venture off into a related topic. Please bear with me as I would really like to get your input on this subject.

As I set out to be an insurance agent. one of the first obstacles to overcome, is how to let everyone in my circle of influence know that I have begun a new career. How to market myself to my potential customer. At the onset of my journey, I encountered many expert opinions relating to what constitutes the "best" methods of marketing. Some believe that the old face-to-face, door-to-door methods are still the best, and I agree to some point. Many others, however believe that the new electronic methods of communication are the best, and as a technology guy I agree with that too.

Now, I admit things have changed a bit over the last 10 years when it comes to how we communicate. Some of us have witnessed these changes first hand and experienced both the old and new methods. It is amazing how many new ways there are for us to communicate with each other. Technology has played a big roll in completely revising the old rules of marketing. That said, I still believe that there is no equivalent replacement for a face-to-face meeting. However, I also agree with many that bulk mailings have gone off to pasture along with our old yellow pages ads These methods are just not effective anymore.

The overall problem is aggravated by of the parallel changes in the "comfort zones" of those with whom we desire to communicate. The new generation of consumer is completely comfortable with email, text, instant messaging, blogs, chatting, tweeting, insta-gramming, and so on, While the old-school consumers (like myself) are less likely to be as comfortable with these newer methods. Thus the heart of the problem. How do we best communicate today with all of the new options available to us?

And so, that is my question to you.

What is the best method of communication for you as a consumer?
(How should a business communicate with you about their services?)

Postal Mail?
Old School Telephone?
Call to your Cell Phone?
A knock on your door?
Facebook?
Twitter?
eMail?
Text?
Other?

PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR TOP 3

Thank You!

1 comment: